OpenAI has introduced a pathbreaking vision capability (GPT-4V) in ChatGPT. You can now upload and analyze images within ChatGPT. It had already received powerful features like Code Interpreter and the ability to connect to the internet on ChatGPT in the past. And with the new “Chat with images” feature, ChatGPT has become even more versatile and useful for users. Essentially, the GPT-4 model can now see, hear, and even speak with remarkable ease. So if you want to try ChatGPT’s new image analysis feature, follow our tutorial below.
Use ChatGPT’s Image Analysis Feature on the Web
- Go ahead and open ChatGPT (visit) and log in to your account.
- Next, move to the “GPT-4” model.
- Hover your mouse over “GPT-4” and a drop-down menu will appear. Make sure you are in “Default” mode.
- Now, as shown below, a “Chat with images” option will appear at the bottom left of the message box.
- Click on the “image” button and upload an image. Now, ask questions to ChatGPT about the image.
- For example, I uploaded an image of a hard disk and asked it to find the interface name and if I could use an SSD in place. It correctly identified the interface and informed me about the kind of SSD I could use as a replacement.